Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

iGoogle.. my personalized and online desktop tool

It's been more than couple of months since I tried iGoogle as the homepage for my browsers (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox). 
  • I can add gadgets like My Notes, To do List, Calendar, PcWorld news, Youtube, and etc.
  • I can have social networking sites such as the Twitter and Facebook by adding gadgets too.
  • I can blog instantly with the help of a gadget.
  • I can access different services provided by Google like my Gmail inbox, have some chat with my Gmail contacts, etc...
  • I can personalized the whole homepage. 
    • I can rearrange the gadgets.
    • I can edit the theme of the homepage or just use themes already provided from the net..
It's way faster and really helpful for me especially My Notes and To do list gadgets. I can almost have a desktop anywhere I go, as long as I can access the internet and my gmail account.

Note: You can't use the iGoogle without an account!

(as far as I know. I've tried to use it when I didn't login.. but I failed..)

That's I guess a drawback with it. You may have to login all the time or remember your account so you can use iGoogle always. And who knows what THEY may be doing with the information gathered from our personalized homepage... :) Just thinking about it..

Nonetheless, I like using iGoogle.. :) thumbs up for my online desktop..iGoogle..

0 comments:

Post a Comment